NYC BigApps, the City's signature civic hacking event, is looking for respected mentors to serve as sounding boards and hands-on coaches between March and June 2014.
WHAT IT TAKES
We ask mentors to contribute 15 hours over three months, either in person, at our live events, or through virtual “office hours.” Past mentors have been known to:
- Roll up their sleeves and coach teams as they code/design/solve at major events
- Connect teams with test markets or potential partners who can advance their product
- Brainstorm with teams to find novel solutions to deep civic challenges
- Provide feedback on early prototypes or sit in on practice investor pitches
- Share their war stories in panel discussions and online posts
- Recruit like-minded friends and colleagues to join the fun!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Prominent feature of headshot and bio on NYCBigApps.com
- Access to some of the hottest tech and creative talent in the Big Apple
- Invites to seven high-energy events, including our Mayoral-level Awards Ceremony
- Certificate of Appreciation from the City of New York
- Networking opportunities with fellow mentors, as well as judges and speakers
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Melissa O’Young, BigApps Community Activator, email@example.com
Please fill in the below form if you wish to be a mentor.